Monday, December 31, 2012

Better luck next time, Mayans

Hey everyone, the new Mayan calendars are out!

OK, so the Mayan calendar ended and we didn't. That's alright, I didn't get raptured last year, survived various planetary alignment, June 6, 2006, and that lame Y2K "bug". The last time someone told me the end was near, and it was actually near, it was the girl with the English accent living inside my GPS. When she starts delivering prophetic end-time messages, I'll consider it.

Meanwhile...

I'm noticing that these holidays have become a season of replacement parts. When I was younger, the question I would ask myself was, "what do I want?". Now, the question rattling through my head when someone (typically my mother) asks me what I want becomes, "what do I need?". I've started to crave practicality.

When did that happen?

No comments: