Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Return of the Specs

So I left my glasses in New Mexico.

Not on purpose. As we packed up the van out of our last hotel in Edgewood NM, they stopped being where I put them. We searched the van, the hotel room, the lobby, but they were nowhere to be found. My guess was they were in the van somewhere.

I was wrong.

Day driving wasn't a problem. I had some silly looking sunglasses I had gotten for free at the State Fair this past summer, which my son asked to bring. Worked for me. Night driving, however, was handed off to my wife. Two days after we got home, after having fully unpacked everything, they were still missing.

I called the hotel. The same person that checked me in, and subsequently checked me out (she was stuck there too) answered the phone, and had found my glasses. She knew they were mine.

I sent a small box, inside it was another, smaller box with a prepaid shipping label. Inside that was just some foam and a note.

My glasses arrived today. The same person included a return note. I saw more people working at the hotel, but based on my experiences, I think she's the only employee.

No comments: