Wednesday, July 8, 2020

BronWHAT

I've been tired a lot. Like more than I should be. Then this spot on my neck started getting sore. (Dr Google told me it was a swollen lymph node, but his is an honorary degree, so I need to take it with a grain of salt) Then came a dry cough, felt like a chest cold.

Note: this is not the time to "man up" and push through it.

My doctors office felt like an isolation room. The reception area like a decontamination chamber. For a fleeting moment, I felt like I was in The Andromeda Strain.

The sample collected said bronchitis.

Bronchitis... in July. All things considered it could be worse. But then the doctor told me to isolate for a week.

Again. After my workplace was shut down for 5 weeks, then again for another 2 weeks, I actually don't want to. At least those times I could work on some projects, and I did what I could given the uncertainty. But now, just staying at home and doing nothing?

I'm going stir crazy.

No comments: