Monday, August 2, 2021

Silver lining

Alas, my work has slowed even more. Truthfully, it should have slowed sooner, but we were being optimistic. Now we're only working one day a week. I tell myself things will improve (we're the only company in the world that makes the parts we do, there just aren't enough aircraft being built), but it's not improving fast enough.

Supply chain issues have clogged everything. There are millions of parts that go into building a single plane, and if one of their suppliers can't get their supplies to build with, then the whole thing gets slowed down. It's like a train, unless all the cars are moving, none of them are. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the smaller companies closed due to this, and replacing them is a bureaucratic nightmare. 

One day is still better than zero I suppose.

No comments: