Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Candy mafia

A week before Halloween, I told my kids not to give me any candy. I told them that if I asked, say no. If they saw me taking any, take it back. Don't let me have candy. I may have developed some good self control over my diet in the last year, but I decided on this anyway. 

They opted to eat the candy I liked first. Then they ate the stuff that didn't have red food coloring. (Either that or they hid the rest) Now what's left is stuff that will give me migraines. I have to admit I'm proud of how they pulled it off.

Turns out it wasn't necessary anyway. A mere look into their stash showed me nothing but sloppy sugar and the kinds of candy that pull out fillings. My oldest also pointed out that, as an adult with a job and a car, I can just go out and get whatever candy I want whenever I want anyway, and that I don't.

He's 14 now and I keep forgetting that.

No comments: