Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Yearly downtime

Every year I get some type of illness that hits me first in my sinuses, then in my chest. About 80% of my random illnesses I can just push through with little to no consequence, but these yearly bouts are what amount to downtime and heavy training exercises for my immune system. I left work after only an hour on Friday. I went in Monday, but suffered through on cold medicine and caffeine (all the while my co workers were concerned for my well-being). Woke up Tuesday to find half of my body was on strike, and there was no crossing the picket line. After tough negotiation, we're most of the way there but there's no going anywhere today either.

At some point in my old age, I might have to move to a warmer climate so this yearly downtime won't be the death of me.

No comments: