Thursday, July 24, 2008

I drive a matchbox car.

Last August, I bought my car. I was driving a 98 Contour for awhile, but it wasn't really mine, and I needed something that I knew was still there. So in the middle of the August heat, I bought a 95 Geo Prism. It needed new exhaust (still does), the rear left door doesn't open, spot cracks on the windshield, the vents wouldn't stay in place (the ones on the dash), the rear view mirror sometimes shows you what's behind the car, the filler neck was broken (the guy i bought it from "fixed" that), the fuel gauge doesn't work, and it had a funny smell. But I still bought it.

Why?

When I took it on that brief test drive, the air conditioner worked. Not only did it work, I needed a parka and gloves. Now, a year later, the AC is still cold. I mean bitter cold. My tiny little car is a piece of junk, but it's a cold piece of junk. Surprisingly, the only repairs I needed to do was replacing the fuel line. $40 total. It's not even pretty. It's an ugly car. I call it my little chameleon. Now all the back and forth between Syracuse and Buffalo is killing it. I don't know what I would do without my crap cooler.

... I'm bored.

1 comment:

Keith said...

bro, that's still a killer car if it's cold. And it probably doesn't even smell anymore...


well, not from the previous owner.