Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saying it slowly

Why is it that everyone that calls, visits, or otherwise comes from New York city feels the need to tell me this fact? And for some crazy reason, they always start to talk like William Shatner when they do.

"I am calling you from ...New...York...City...

I'm not from NYC, so I must be some country bumpkin that needs to pay real close attention otherwise I'm not going to understand, right? (Never mind Buffalo had electricity and luxury hotels before NYC ever did)

It's not just the unnecessary name dropping. It doesn't matter where you are, and I frankly don't care. The hotel had a group in from London two weeks ago and they didn't feel the need to let everyone know this. What gets me is the attitude.

Misinterpret my statement all you want, sir. It won't help you get a room when we're already overbooked.

No comments: