Wednesday, October 28, 2009

sick?

I've been coughing since Thursday. A little nagging cough that wouldn't leave me alone. Monday morning it decided to hit me like a brick gently soaring through my skull.

Sleep it off. Class? Sorry class, you'll have to wait.

Now I'm short of breath. That's bad. I need my lungs. I can't sing opera without my full lung capacity, so I need to nix this bug, now. (Never mind that I can't sing opera, let alone in the shower. That's not the point) I had bronchitis awhile back, feels the same. Doc gave me some nice powerful meds for it, let's see.

"H1N1"

What? I know you came in here wearing a mask, I figured that was standard procedure at this point. You may have poked and prodded me all over, violating me in ways that would make a frat boy blush, but seriously?

The doctor won't let me to go work. Nor will he let me go to school. Ok, not bad. It's like a terrible vacation where all I have to do is get bad sleep and eat the same boring food over and over again. Between coughs. On the bright side, I can still type... between coughs.

Excuse me, I need a cough drop.

No comments: