Friday, October 9, 2009

The pants problem

Consider fashion for a moment: men have fewer options, women can get away with pretty much anything. This is made up for by mens sizes.

Mens sizes are a measurement. Womens sizes are just an arbitrary number tacked on with no regard for dimension, each being different according to manufacturer and store. Another reason it's great to be a guy, right?

I'm stuck. Trapped. Caught in the middle. Mens pant sizes only come in even numbers. I'm a size 33. Everything is either too big, or two small. Do I get pants and a belt, or do I get pants and a treadmill? The real question is: which way am I headed? Am I losing weight, or am I gaining it?

If stress tells me anything, it's that I'm losing weight. Planning for it would change it. Meanwhile, my clothing doesn't fit.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I don't see any reason you should be stressed. School all day, work all night, a spouse and a newborn is not justification. You should see a doctor.