Saturday, December 31, 2016

Oh look it's New Years Eve again

Everyone has been whining about 2016. Celebrity deaths and politics.

Newsflash: all of those celebrities were going to die anyway. Many of them were rather old, others had famously done a lot of drugs. There were, of course, a number that died at what we would consider young, and those losses are lamentable. But when you whittle it down, it's not surprising. The Boomers are retiring in droves now, and their idols (which are in their age range +10) are just as plentiful. There aren't more celebrity deaths *per capita*, I don't believe. Just more celebrities in total.

The politics, though, oh wow the politics. I didn't see any of *that* coming at all. I refuse to discuss politics in my aging, dusty blog, however. So enough of that.

I bought a house this year, and that's awesome. My two oldest sons (the ones in school) have shown a sharp increase in their reasoning and negotiating skills (and their math). My third child started speaking in full sentences (having little conversations with him is amazing, and he can ask plainly what he wants, and tell us what bothers him. Makes a world of difference). My daughter understands what we're saying to her. While she can't speak just yet (she says "DA DA DA" when she wants me, and that seems to be it), she can sign a little and motion to what she wants. Again, makes a world of difference.

I appear to have made a full recovery from my surgery, too. The only changes to my diet that I really needed was a switch from larger portions of fat, grease, and salt to smaller ones. And more spaced apart. And never concurrent. (I get to pick one, and have a small amount) It would seem I'm losing weight as a result, too.

I rather enjoyed 2016. I expect to enjoy 2017 as well.

No comments: