Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The break of Sun

People are always so happy when the cold weather finally breaks. That awkward transition where you need a jacket in the morning, but then are stuck with it the rest of the day because it's too warm: it sucks. I naturally run warm, so I gave up on morning jackets years ago.

I'm not referring to My Morning Jacket. I'm actually completely unfamiliar with their music, I just happen to know they exist and my above parlance seemed like a reference.

Anyway...

I've never felt like I've experienced seasonal affective disorder. Winter never made me sad. Summer never made me happy. It was always situational. This year, the breaking of winter and all the extra sunshine seems to have coincided with an uncharacteristic bout of happiness.

I suppose planning camping trips does that.


No comments: