Monday, April 30, 2018

Overscheduling

Have you ever taken a look at your calendar and realized you had way too much in there? Well I employ ghosts now.

My parents were talking with my wife about doing something this Friday. The one day this week that didn't have anything scheduled. I wasn't in the room when that conversation started, but I walked in when they were discussing what I scheduled.

(Joint access to a calendar app between my phone and my wife's is, in theory, a good idea)

I walked in where my wife was saying there was "nothing" on the calendar. My dad, hearing this, immediately thought that meant my Friday was available.


I scheduled nothing, and that's exactly what's going to happen. He didn't get it at first. My mother, on the other hand, understood right away. My dear wife, upon making the same realization, seemed almost flattered.

Darn right she should. I have a whole day full of nothing I plan on doing with her and it's going to be amazing.

No comments: