Thursday, May 23, 2019

Opening

I've been opening at work all week. It's something I've done in the past. Usually one or two days, but "someone" is on vacation and "someone else" is giving yet another person a ride until it's too late.

So it falls to me.

There isn't much to be done before everyone else arrives, but an old compressor takes its sweet time pressurizing an awful lot of air lines spread far and wide. That's really the only reason I have to show up early at all. And due to some odd glitch in traffic patterns, if I try to show up right on time to do that, I wind up showing up at my normal time. If I try to show up at my normal time, I do. But if I try to show up ludicrously early, I can.

It was like that when I worked nights, at a different job, in a different part of the state. I wonder if this odd phenomena is common or just follows me around.

No comments: