Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The planting

I bought my house from a woman that loved her flower beds. There were flowers of all kinds, as well as a wide variety of flowering shrubs and other such things.

I neglected them. I simply didn't have the time or energy to take care of them. My neighbor said he would see her outside every single day for a couple hours weeding and tending to them.

Yea no.

Late last summer, I finally uprooted the tangled mess they had become. I allowed grass to reclaim what was at ground level, and the raised beds were covered so nothing else could grow in them. The six massive flower pots were emptied.

My wife requested flowers. I suddenly felt motivated. I got a bright colorful mix of annuals and perennials, and set them up by the front door. She seems quite pleased. But the surprise has yet to manifest.


The surprise says it takes 7-14 days.

No comments: