Tuesday, August 27, 2019

NYS Fair

So yesterday the wife and I took our 4 kids to the fair. We, fortunately, went with no expectations beyond chasing our kids and making sure they were hydrated and well worn out. My parents (being the kind of grandparents that want to spoil, but lack the energy to do it in person) happily donated a set of all day ride passes for the kids.

My 8 year old neighbor, meanwhile, showed my kids the massive stuffed monstrosity that her dad won via some carnival game. My boys, especially Z, entered the fair with the idea that we had to leave with some prize.

I was fortunate to find a sympathetic game worker that just "happened" to have a good deal that day. The two boys just *dying* to come home with a Pikachu... did. (And thanks to smartphones, I knew I spent just about Amazon prices to get them, with the extra going toward the fun of the game)

Becka and I each wore a backpack full of lunches, snacks, and water bottles. Being in a group of 6 that spent $0 at the fair on food feels accomplished All credit to the wife on that one. Meanwhile, wearing a small backpack all day took a toll on my shoulders of all things.

No comments: