Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Too soon

I went ahead and went on a hike on my actual birthday anyway. I was alone, and as much as I like doing things with people, it wasn't a deal breaker today. A nearby state park has some hiking trails I haven't done yet, so first thing in the morning I was out the door. The park has a pair of lakes, and most people stick to the level, well manicured trails along the lakeside. I, however, opted for a wooded trail with many ups and downs. 

My aging frame immediately reminded me of my recent trip to Buttermilk Falls, and that they weren't done rebuilding me after that. I told it to shut up and deal with it. Yesterday, when I got up in the morning, my legs were on strike. They told me plainly that I would be spending the day sitting down.

I was forced to agree to their terms.

No comments: