Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Caffeine

Ok I gotta tell you, weaning myself off caffeine is not easy. Oh sure, I've done it before, but then as my poor choices kick in again and I find myself unable to get up in the morning without it.

Could be worse, but I digress.

My blood pressure is through the roof, fairly proportional to my caffeine intake. So I need to cut the stuff out. 

When last I worked nights, I got out of bed by taking a dose of Excedrin with a bottle of Coke. Then I'd put myself to bed with melatonin and Advil PM. When I left that job, I flipped from being awake nights to days by simply going cold turkey. When my body was expecting the wakey wakey drugs, nothing would come and I would crash. When my brain likewise expected the sleep juice, it never came and I was wired.

All in all, it was a pretty quick way to cut my trips to the pharmacy.

That was six years ago, and my phenomenal lack of discipline is always coming back to haunt me.

No comments: