Friday, December 31, 2021

Ka-boom 31st

For the past few years, my wife has doubled up on our 4th of July fireworks. Half of them are saved up for New Years Eve, but I've already covered this. Once again, it's been an unusually warm (but this time, unusually sunny December), so there wasn't any snow to clear.

Doing the fireworks at the 4th of July isn't as fun. Oh sure it's cold right now, and the chance of rough weather is much higher, but... I have kids, and I want them to go to bed. My youngest is 6, and she doesn't stay up late. When she's tired, she just goes to bed, no cajoling required. But she doesn't want to miss out. The beginning of July, the sun doesn't set until 9pm. She's out like a light by then, but fighting it hard for those fireworks.

December 31? The sun sets at 4:30. She got a light show, dinner, and tucked in on time. I swear that girl loves her sleep.

No comments: