Monday, June 13, 2022

Old messengers

Some days, and I find their approach with decreasing frequency yet increasing melancholy, I find myself wishing for the old communications.

I could open AOL instant messenger and chat with people again. It's weird, really it is. Once everyone got cell phones, texting replaced instant messaging. But we didn't always swap numbers, and some of us didn't connect on social media. And some of us took for granted that it would be there, with friends willing to chat.

What I'm saying is, I wish I could open MSN messenger again and chat with the people I lost over time. Hop onto AIM and ask how they've been. Because while a good number of us have managed to find each other again over the years, I'm finding that, well, we're not all alive, either.

No comments: