Wednesday, June 1, 2022

The SEEDS

 

So, my wife wanted to grow a a very specific variety of squash this year, and no local supplier had any seeds or plants. I can deal with that, I just ordered some online.

Back on April 16.

I figured four weeks was enough lead time to get the seeds before planting. Once the order was placed, they said it might run a little late. My gut told me to find another supplier, so I did. The other supplier had a packet of seeds in my hand within a week.

I spent the entirety of a Saturday morning carefully arranging various seeds and seedlings across a moderately vast field of reasonably conditioned dirt. Within a week, all the seeds had sprouted. Another week, and I had nice bushy little plants.

I planted four weeks ago. The garden is tall in some places and lush in all. The peppers even have tiny little vegetables already.

The first seed packet I ordered finally arrived today.

No comments: