Thursday, July 14, 2022

Patched up

The numbness fading, I notice I can't run my tongue between my teeth as well as I could this morning. The sharpness against my mouth is conspicuously absent.

I had a cold drink, and only half my mouth felt cold. That's so disconcerting, but I know why, so it's not that disconcerting. I haven't been able to eat certain foods with half a tooth sitting there, and this morning was no exception, so I'm hungry. But not being able to feel half of my mouth gives me reason to delay eating, as I'd rather not wind up chewing through my own cheek.

I've had enough smoothies for now.

I tried having a bowl of ice cream the other day. One bite and it taught me just how sensitive it was. My son took care of the rest for me. I need less caustic comfort foods.

No comments: