Tuesday, July 5, 2022

One bite

Did you ever take a bite of something, and it crunched so hard to had to apologize to your mouth? That bone rattling jackhammer sensation that feels like a woodpecker attempting a root canal just happened to be a filling breaking in my mouth.

Ok, rewind. When I lived in Buffalo, I needed a filling, the first one ever. One of my friends was a dental student, and just happened to need to do that exact type of filling for one of his exams. I get free dental work, he graduates. It's win-win. It's an old school silver filling, but I wasn't about to complain. Fast forward to a couple years ago, and my professional, owns their own practice dentist determines I need another filling. Over the years it's been three of them.

My oral hygiene may not be that great.

So I get these three fillings done, and two of them have come out. The first one to come out was just last year. The second was just now. They can't see me to fix it until next week Thursday. I have to deal with a nice sharp tooth and a constant ache because this practice only has one dentist.

I've lost faith in this. That old school silver filling has been unnoticeable since day one. The three I've had in since have always called attention to themselves, whether because they sit too high and I have to go back, or they quit and leave.  My dental student friend is completely inactive on social media, and I'd have to go through a lot of red tape to go back to the dental school, so here I am... waiting.

No comments: