Saturday, August 20, 2022

Anniversary

As of this past Thursday, the wife and I have been married for sixteen years. Our marriage is old enough to drive in New York.

We went on a Thousand Islands boat tour. We stopped at Boldt Castle, and it was absolutely fabulous. I know the castle itself was restored and furnished only within the past few decades, but they used period accurate furnishings, as well as actual furniture from the Boldt estate. I was impressed.

We also saw Rock Island Lighthouse, which wasn't as ornate, but still impressive nonetheless. How someone gets a job at a gift shop on a tiny island, I guess you have to know people.

From start to finish it was a wonderful experience. The scariest part was leaving our two older boys at home (my sister watched the two little ones). They've been home alone before, but not for the entire day.

A pair of milestones in one day I suppose.

No comments: