Saturday, September 3, 2022

And so went another

 https://obits.syracuse.com/us/obituaries/syracuse/name/r-stuetz-obituary?id=36367062

Kent Stuetz was one of those guys I've known pretty much my entire life. He moved into the area in 1991, and his kids were my age. So of course I would meet this man that was my parents age. He taught my primary class, and as I aged into the youth program he also moved up and taught there. Later he was my bishop during the latter years in the program. Of course he kept being my bishop into my adulthood, afterward switching into sunday school teacher for years. After I moved out of the ward (and in with my new wife) he wound up in stake callings, and continued to find himself in some sort of stewardship position.

He was my Mister Feeny, and it's weird realizing that.

I also annoyed him... a lot. Of course there were times when we were teasing each other, but I'm talking about when he knew I could do better, but wasn't. He didn't like to admit it, but he held me to a high standard, and was annoyed when I didn't live up to it. 

I should have been a pall bearer. I had a lot of experience letting him down.

(If I didn't tell at least one joke, he'd have been annoyed yet again)

No comments: