Monday, December 12, 2022

Lights and computers

We've been making changes at work, which is about the only thing that stays the same. Every single light fixture has been replaced, and half of the lights look as bright as all of them before.

This works, especially in a machine shop.

Then the new computer security requirements, which called for new networking hardware. And all our computers were getting old and slow, so they all got replaced. Upgraded hardware also meant upgraded software, which means snags as not everything moved over smoothly.

This is nothing to me. But I'm also not the only one working there, so the snags grab a little harder on some.

All in all, every part of it has made my job easier, but whenever the lighting changes somewhere it takes me awhile to adjust, because I feel like I'm somewhere else.

No comments: