Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Slow and sore

I got Becka home around 4:30 yesterday. She ate a stack of saltine crackers and a tall glass of water, and immediately went to bed. My old friend Mindy came by and brought dinner, which was incredibly helpful as I didn't have any time to cook. As I was working the kids through the evening, Becka woke up and asked if it was 7am or pm, which was about all she could do before turning around and falling right back asleep. All in all it was pretty uneventful.

This morning, I was about as normal as possible. I went to the gym, but came home instead of heading to work. I go early enough that nobody's really awake when I go, so few were up when I got home. She was, as titled, sore and slow. Couldn't move her arm much, still had some of the drugs swimming through her head. I stayed home long enough to get the kids ready and out the door.

I almost felt bad leaving her when I did go to work, but she was cozy on the couch, no kids jumping on her, and covered in her fluffiest blanket. As a mother of four, she relishes her alone time, so rather than think she needed me to dote on her, I went to work.

No comments: