Tuesday, June 6, 2023

The orange sky

I get up before the sun, so a little fog isn't unheard of, even on the warmer nights.

This wasn't fog. I was aware of wildfires in Canada, but didn't put much thought into them because they're usually out west. Turns out this batch is in Quebec, and the wind is pulling the smoke straight down.

The sky was a hazy orange all day. My camera really didn't show it. The clouds weren't clouds, and as bright as it was, the sun was an orange dot on a dim grey smear.

It got darker as the day went on. The entire area smells like a campfire. I would complain, but there are people that live where those wildfires are, so I'll only say I wish neither of us had our respective problems.

(Yours are way worse though. Good luck)

I hear it's supposed to be worse tomorrow. The whole town feels so eerie.

No comments: