Monday, October 9, 2023

Milestones

Went apple picking again. Since the kids have the day off of school on Columbus day, we just take the day off work and go. My whole family goes; my parents and my siblings with their families. It's become quite a crowd, but over the years, as the kids have gotten older, the crowd moves differently.

We started joining the group when we first moved back from Buffalo (would have been tricky before), and my oldest was six, while my youngest was a baby of five months. There was a lot of shepherding, carrying, and corralling. Now, my oldest is fourteen, while my youngest is eight. We just set them loose and vaguely make sure they're with the crowd. It's amazing, looking back, at how sharply the dynamic has changed over the years.

This is the part where I add something poetic, but it's just not coming to me right now. 

No comments: