Monday, October 30, 2023

Unkept greenery

I don't like lawn work, but it needs doing. The grass, thankfully, grows slower once it gets cooler, but alas it still grows.

At least until I have to clear snow out of my driveway.

Regardless, despite the cooler temperatures, I have to cut my burgeoning hayfield. The only issue with this requirement is that it won't stop raining.

At all.

Every single time I have a break long enough to actually do this job, it rains. When it's not raining, it's soaking from the last rain. At this rate I'm going to have to just drop whatever I'm doing when the opportunity is there and just go.

Now, I'm a big fan of just not mowing a lawn. Something about nature, whatever I just hate doing it. But I hate invasive species even worse. And by invasive, I mean the kind that will invade my house if the tall grass gives them enough courage to get close.

So it's gotta go. I chop it down so mice and other critters don't have a reason to get anywhere near my house.

I should get a cat while I'm at it.

No comments: