Monday, July 1, 2024

Morning person

That's me. I've always been a morning person. When I had to get up at 5am in high school, I simply counted backwards from 8 (hours) and found myself going to bed at 9 every night. It was the 90's, we didn't have our phones to stare at. We had landlines that screamed through the entire house when you called them. So at night, you just didn't. Best bet was late night TV. I lived far enough away from the people I actually hung out with that it didn't happen in the evenings.

I remember people in school moaning about how tired they were all the time. One kid fell asleep in class every day. Meanwhile I was wide awake all day. To this day I hear about how they need to change the school schedules because the high schoolers need more sleep. To which I always reply:


But I digress. I can't stop being a morning person, it's baked in. I get up pretty early on my gym days, but they're not all gym days. But on my rest days, days when I want to stay asleep longer... I still wake up early. When I want to get more sleep, I have to go to bed early. That usually means before some people even get home from work. I wish I could nap, but my house is... noisy*.

I'm starting to understand the early bird deals.

*I have four kids

No comments: