Monday, July 22, 2024

Old fashion

Back in my twenties, I got the preppiest clothing you cold get at Hot Topic. It was the right cut and style for preppy, but the colors and accoutrement of the goth kids.

It was a solid bridge and I lived on it. But then something awkward happened. I got older, and my body changed shape without my permission. Most of my amazing clothing were shelved or boxed, eventually disappearing over the years. A few items were held onto tightly, clinging to both hope and nostalgia. In fact, one of those shirts recently fit my oldest son.

I let him keep it. His school photos were taken with it.

Well recently I discovered that that shirt fit again. Which means they would all fit again, but they're all gone... somewhere. So I thought to myself, "Wouldn't hurt to go to the mall and see what they have" so off I went, looking for this:



And found this


w h a t   h a p p e n e d

I decided that maybe since I was in my 40's I should reel it in a bit anyway. 

No comments: