I stayed home this weekend. Since then, I spent the winter studying what happened to my knee, and how to avoid it. Different exercises that are supposed to help the joint, which muscles needed to be worked on, foods and supplements that can help. Though 90% of the help came with a knee brace.
Looks like I failed to mention this on my birthday hike. Nor did I mention the following hike that happened in July.
(For as often as I try to stretch the topics here, you think I would yak about what I'm actually doing)
I was a teenager when my right knee first gave me issues, and my doctor at the time (still my doctor, btw) pointed out that my kneecap moved a lot more than it should. He suggested I build up the muscle around it to keep it from doing that. I don't skip leg day, so maybe it's not that. I got the kind of brace that keeps my kneecap in place. Doing nothing else differently, my knee had absolutely zero problems. In fact, my left knee started to ache a little right at the end of the hike.
First thing I did when I got home was get another brace for my left knee. I only went on two hikes this summer (three if you count the one I had to stop - wait, I didn't blog about that, either?), but I have one planned in two weeks. It gets cold up there in this time of year, but I sweat every time on the way up, Maybe this will even it out. I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment