Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Slack

My professors have been cutting me a lot of slack lately. Frankly, I appreciate it. Especially after that bug I got visiting my parents for the weekend. I find that whenever I visit for a holiday weekend, I always suffer through the drive home.

My niece gave my sister chocolate. She gave me a sore throat.

This never happens when there isn't a holiday, though. Any random visit back home seems to end well, but tack on a holiday, and it never fails. Take Thanksgiving for example. I was fine the entire weekend, right up until Sunday night before my drive back. The traffic was bumper to bumper in an ice storm, so pulling over wasn't a safe option.

I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty. (Unless you're into postmodernism. I call it, dinner on a '98 Contour)

Holidays. Side effects may include headache, dizziness, sore throat, earache, upset stomach, vomiting, muscle aches, and the feeling of a hangover without the benefit of a night out before. Holidays may not be right for everyone. Ask your doctor before ever going home again.

No comments: