Sunday, April 5, 2009

The greatest gift of all (not what you think)

Note: my glow worm doesn't glow any more.

Anyhoo, I noticed something. Though tiny over in the next room has a few words to say about how often I should sleep (or rather one word, repeated ad nauseum and in varying tones and styles), he has produced something I haven't seen before.

Free food.

My sister came into town yesterday. She, with my sister in law, cooked for four hours making various foodstuffs that can be stored for months in a freezer, but only need to be put into an oven when I want it. Not just that, but over the last week, I've been on the phone with three people who called asking what time was convenient to drop by with (wait for it...) free food.

I figure I'll teach him how to cook before this dries up.

No comments: