Friday, August 7, 2009

Love comes in a 3 pack.

I just got home from work. The night was... manageable. The audit was, unpleasant, for lack of better words. Things just felt tense. Not 'everyone is miffed about stuff' tense, just 'oh wow the world needs a massage' tense.

But I'm feeling pretty bold.

The vending machine guy came in again. Usually he's through the lobby so fast I barely see him. This time, I caught him.

"Hey, can we make requests?"
"If I got it, yea"
"Ho Ho's!"

He comes back in with a giant box on his shoulder to stuff the machine with. In his hand is a small stack of white packages. He drops them on the counter. The awe-inspiring Hostess delight, and not just in the standard 2 pack. No, these were the 3 pack. Four of them. Twelve snack cakes total. I just scored a stack of free Ho Ho's.



Kitchen staff was calling in. The hotel was pretty full, and very few people working breakfast. The guy running the kitchen came to the desk for a moment, hoping to catch if anyone was coming. He was clearly not having a good morning.

"You know what makes everything better?" I asked. "Ho Ho's" I said as I dropped one on the counter in front of him.

He looks at it, puzzled, then smiles: "Man... I *love* Ho Ho's"

My manager just took 4 days off. A number of things piled up whilst he was gone, including a policy change he argued against. When he arrived, it took him all of 4 minutes to see it all and nearly freak out.

"I think I can help," says I, "Here" I add as I drop a Ho Ho in front of him.

He reaches for it while smiling, "Holy crap, I love Ho Ho's. That's awesome"

The girl taking over for me in the morning, clearly didn't like the idea of even being up at that hour. Once again, the delectable snack cake produced the word 'love', and smiles were abundant.

I felt like I was riding a unicorn that was pooping rainbows.

1 comment:

Tina said...

everyone loves a hoho! even unicorns