Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Transit

Ah, the Transit Drive in. A glorious relic of the past where you stay in your car to watch not one, but two movies back to back. All the benefits of weather related peril plus the ultra low-def sound provided by your own car stereo. The biggest benefit to this is that if you stay for both movies, your battery dies unless you idle the car.

I expected some kind of speaker to pull up to. Whatever.

I wouldn't have known such a place even existed, but I live with someone who's always looking out for something to do. The movie selection was her idea too. G.I. Joe and Transformers 2, back to back. A glorious pair of testosterone fueled 80's nostalgia with explosions, chicks, and awesome storyline. Although not so much chicks and storyline on Transformers. It was Michael Bay's latest disaster. G.I. Joe was the clear winner here. Allow me to demonstrate.

G.I. Joe:
"Plot element D has just happened!"
"Move on to plot element E!"

Transformers 2:
*Firey crash* "Has plot element B happened yet?" *BOOM*
*man gets thrown in an explosion* "No!" *BOOM*
"Keep firing!" *BOOM*

Both movies opened themselves to a sequel, leaving the Hasbro double-header with loose ends. School starts in 2 weeks, how am I going to concentrate?

No comments: