Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Nationals

The Nationals - that's what it's called on our banquet list. Whether or not they eat doesn't matter, it's a generic term. Some groups book the ballrooms/banquet rooms downstairs for whatever reason. Since I show up at 11PM, they're pretty much always long gone. Then I saw a sign announcing "Ms Teen USA -->"

?

Apparently, the place was full of "attractive" girls for the better part of the day. (said so in quotes because I never saw any of them, only heard tales). The auditors (us) noticed that we missed a hotel full of girls. Regret and lament was expressed, but I quickly corrected them.

"Gentlemen, they were a handful of underage *girls* artificially placed in a high pressure lifestyle harboring a princess complex. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near them"

A brief moment of pause preceded the thoughtful nod.

No comments: