Monday, April 9, 2018

Absent a dentist

I used to get a six month cleaning at a dentist. It started as a kid, but inertia held it over into my adulthood. That came to a screaming halt once I moved out to Buffalo, turning my 10 minute drive to my dentist into a two and a half hour drive.

I never found a local dentist. I didn't think anything of it. When an ache worked its way into my jaw some years later, I made a friend happy. He was in the dental school at UB, and the problem I had was the kind he needed to take care of before he could graduate.

Woo hoo, free dental work. Oh crap, that x-ray showed a few more things I should be concerned about? I promptly ignored the x-ray, muttering something about insurance and being broke. That was years ago. Also 250 miles away. Also before I had decent insurance. Just a few days ago, my son admitted that he didn't chew on one side of his mouth because it hurt.

Oh crap, I suck.

So I made six dentist appointments.

They're just baby teeth, but still. Dang. I have *not* been on top of this.

No comments: