Monday, April 23, 2018

The pox

I can't say any illness has ever been well timed. Nay, I would argue that any illness, ever, has always struck when unwanted. But as far as the ailment currently vexing me, I'd have to say that waiting for tax season to end was ideal.

Friday, I simply felt like I needed to sleep. Forever.
The worst of it was Saturday. Every part of me hurt. Nothing was spared. Fever, chills, a third symptom I won't describe.
Sunday was a bit relaxed.

But Saturday? Every single Saturday this tax season my wife has worked the bulk of the day. Sometimes 9-5, sometimes 9-9. For this illness to wait until I wasn't alone with my kids all day was *less bad* than it could have been.

Still, I had plans for this past weekend. I had so much stuff I wanted to finish. The only thing on my list I got to was "sleep more"

No comments: