Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Murder Mystery

A friend recently hosted a murder mystery party. I've been to one before, but it was... lame. You all had lines to read and the reveal happened at the end with the guilty party knowing the entire time. Nothing exciting.

This was different. Nobody knew who the guilty party was until the big reveal at the end. All we had were clues about each other that led us to pry more details until we could establish motive and opportunity.

My dear wife isn't what you'd call a social butterfly. She doesn't like the spotlight. Her character was the most dynamic, very interesting, and connected with almost every event. Me, on the other hand? The actual social butterfly? Nothing. My character was Mr Dud. To a point where nobody was asking me any important questions.

I knew my character had both motive and opportunity. But that's all I had. My character was so boring I began to think it was me.

Yea, it was me.

No comments: