Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The time over

So things at work have been busy. We're behind schedule on 90% of our work (not mine, mine is way ahead), and we're bringing on new employees. At least one, anyway. But to make up the slack, we need to work overtime.

This is, at least for me, a completely new thing. I once had a job that deliberately cut employee hours to ensure they didn't have to offer any benefits. Now here I am, staying late and coming in on Saturdays all while they throw extra money at me for the privilege.

I'm honestly not used to it. 40 hours is the max I've ever really worked, and that's because companies seem extra terrified to pay for more than that. After a few days staying late, the new departure time felt perfectly normal. Coming in on Saturdays, however.... well that just sucks. Can't complain about money if I'm not willing to do what it takes, though.

I hope it lasts, because I'm greedy. I hope it doesn't last, because I'm lazy.

Definitely have mixed feelings here.

No comments: