Monday, September 30, 2019

A and B to CD

Vinyl and tapes had their A side and B side, which alphabetically led us to the CD. From there I could make a joke about MP3, but I'd get lost in a sea of file extensions and I don't think that's funny material at all.

I might also lose what little audience I have left on this blog.

My dear wife has apparently been disc swapping constantly while driving the kids around, and came to the conclusion that her husband (a man that's been manipulating audio files for decades) might be able to help her out.

When approaching the task, I realized that I haven't had to do this in some time. I felt like I had to knock the dust off the software and remind my computer that it had an optical drive. At some point I'll take out the last disc, and in that moment I won't really know it's the last one. Does anyone remember the last time they used a floppy disc? I got a replacement motherboard years back, and realized I couldn't connect my old floppy drive because it didn't have the right connection type. I never bothered to keep one after that. I simply couldn't remember when I ever needed it past late 2000, early 2001 or so.

It's a weird thing to think about.

No comments: