Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Aggrivated mulching

There was one final day of nice, warmer weather. Only one, and immediately after it got cold and wet. Fortunately, that was a day where I actually had time. Seeing as I hate yard work, I took the easiest path to removing the leaves.

A giant riding mower. I ran over them again and again until there was nothing left of them but a fine mulch covering half my lawn. Not one half or the other, no, but an odd stripe pattern I cared not to disperse. I just kept riding back and forth, over and over, until there wasn't a leaf left. That I could reach, anyway.

And since it was still warm, I pulled the mower deck and installed the snowblower. It felt so odd installing a snowblower attachment when it was warm enough that I worked in short sleeves wishing I had a breeze in the garage, but there I was. My problem was that I, in years past, always forgot about it until it had already snowed. Of course when that happens, it's also cold. Very cold.

This only means that it won't snow much this winter.

No comments: