Friday, March 5, 2021

Melancholy

I have a lot of friends I haven't seen in a long time. The past year has been brutal, that goes without saying. Social media has been carrying a lot of weight, and I don't think I realized just how much until earlier today. 

It's been a year since I've seen so many people, that was obvious. But I saw the list of people I'm connected with, and saw so many names that not only had I not seen in many, many years, but hadn't so much as exchanged messages with in that time. It's become a list of people I used to know.

What really kicked off the thought was seeing one person; we were everything to each other. For years, we spent nearly every day together, we told each other everything. We didn't knock, we just let ourselves into each others apartments. Randomly sleeping over, last minute trips to anywhere. 

Circumstances took us in different directions, and it all faded away.

Last message sent: 7/18/10

No comments: