Friday, April 16, 2021

Cryptic moni

Everyone wishes they could go back in time and change something. Most people talk about Bitcoin, others about past mistakes or lost opportunities. Me? I would go back to the 1970's and buy one of those refrigerators that your grandparents still have running in their kitchen to this day. 

The joy of a dependable appliance is lost on younger generations. 

But yea Bitcoin. Or Etherium, or whatever other magic internet money people out there are feverishly overworking their GPU's to get. We all wish we got in sooner. My problem isn't that I'm lazy (which I am, but that's not the problem). It's that I have a hard time grasping how to do anything with it. 

OK so I go into some kind of exchange to buy it, but then it's on my hard drive? Or I trick my computer into doing math until I get 0.0000058 *coin valued at... whatever people will pay for it. Then this magic internet money wallet is on my hard drive, which I keep hearing about people losing said hard drives so that's risky. 

So yea, I could go back in time and tell my younger self to get into Bitcoin, but he'd be sitting there asking the important questions, like "what's a Bitcoin?" and "...how?" and by the time I figured it out, it would be tomorrow.

No comments: