Thursday, April 1, 2021

The noises

So my kids have tablets that all, according to each of them, serve different purposes. For one, it's a handheld wiki to the larger game he's playing. To another, it's just a Netflix platform. This week is spring break; everything is closed and it's been rainy and cold. So indulge they have.

My youngest son plays games on his, unfortunately it also drains the aging battery pretty fast. It's still cold and rainy outside, and everything is still closed, so when the battery dies, I have little else to throw at him. So I let him use my tablet.

 

It's not like I'm using the thing anyway. I got it for free. Besides, everyone else doesn't have the battery issue his does. But when game time is over, everything goes back where they belong. Controllers and the like get put back in their box near the TV, and tablets go back to their chargers in a closet. Except mine, it goes back into my office. It sits just behind me. So imagine it's later that evening, the kids are (mostly) in their beds and I'm in here trying to do something moderately productive (most likely goofing off, now that I can), when all of a sudden, right by my head in the middle of the night when it's dark out and I've probably been watching a spooky video I get


MINECRAFT ZOMBIE NOISES RIGHT NEXT TO MY HEAD OUT OF NOWHERE.

I love my children, but I'm not giving him the satisfaction. I know he's not doing it on purpose, but if he hears about it once, he'll certainly try.

No comments: