Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Amazonian footwear

Years ago, I found these shoes I like. Just a simple slip on loafer I wear around the house. When they need replacing, I would find the same ones online and just buy them again. I had a good thing going.

Until something changed.

I bought a replacement. I tried mixing it up by getting a different color. They arrived, and felt oddly stiff. I thought it was just because they were new, but the feeling persisted. Until eventually they hurt just standing in place. Back they went. I thought perhaps this slight variant was different.

When my preferred color was back in stock, I ordered a pair. They had the same problem. No longer were they comfortable, but quite the opposite. Someone, somewhere, started cheaping out on the production line. Now I need to find a new shoe that's actually comfortable.

First world problems.

No comments: