Monday, March 7, 2022

Leaks and maintenance

I have a problem.

This is the fist time I've owned a house. It's been just over five years, and various maintenance issues have been creeping up on me. Right now it's a leak in my basement ceiling whenever I run the dishwasher.

Yay.

That along with a leaky valve on the basement toilet (turn off the water to that toilet and it no longer leaks. The valve itself needs replacing, and the cutoff for it is... I dunno, somewhere else, this house is janky). 

So yea, it's been five years. That's the longest I've lived in any one place outside the house I grew up in, so whenever an issue would come up, I'd just call my landlord and it would be taken care of. I'm at a point where either my comfort zone needs to get bigger, or I need to start paying someone.

No comments: