Thursday, August 10, 2023

I'm not hiking

You read the title correctly: I'm not hiking right now, and I'm not happy about it. Let me explain.

I've been planning on hiking in the Adirondacks for awhile. I've had time, but I haven't had anyone to go with.

I'm an extrovert. If I go alone, I'm just walking around outside. This is a social event for me. But I also want to do the thing. Whatever.

I had an opportunity. Some of my people were planning a hike that was going to start today and run through the weekend, hiking over three of the peaks. You might notice that I'm posting this today. I shouldn't have internet access from there. I don't.

Because I'm not there.

Last couple of weeks there have been some nasty rain storms, and it turns out that a lot of trailheads and bridges were washed out, and my people decided to cancel the trip. Not postpone, no. Cancel.

Bah.

So here I am again. I get it, especially when half of them work in schools and there just isn't time later on. Though at this point I'm thinking of spearheading it myself with another group.

No comments: